Thursday, August 14, 2008

Eagle Crib Quilt


Wow, I just experienced 8 long days of baseball and I am glad they are over as some of those days were over 12 hour days. Tonight I am going to go home and prepare a decent meal, yes you heard me right, me is doing the cooking. Anything is going to be better then nachos for dinner. While sitting at games I was able to get a block and a half of appliqué done, the binding on a crib quilt that Carol quilted for me and I read a book. The book I do not recommend. I have been trying to re-read all the Jane Austen classics. While I was online ordering one that I did not have I saw that there was a new sequel to Pride and Prejudice out entitled Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan. Well I didn’t like it but I kept reading thinking it has got to get better. So the lesson learned is to stay away from the sequels as nobody could write her characters better then Jane herself. The crib quilt is a free pattern I found online. I love 2 color quilts and I love crib quilts and I most definitely love quilts with words so this hit all 3 of my loves so I just had to do it. It was really simple and took no time. I really like the look of classic quilts. Well I have all of today to get my life back into some form of order as tomorrow night we start football!

6 comments:

sossy said...

You definitely need to bring that one to camp. I love it and love the fireworks quilting!

sossity

Candace said...

I really like your crib quilt, it's a winner. I love the fireworks.

Jan said...

That is GREAT!! Maybe I should have rethought my mystery and made it 2 color instead of 3. Surely, football won't be as difficult as baseball. See ya soon.

Tonya Ricucci said...

elegant yet folky. fun patriotic quilt and you did a great job. Have you read Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Fowler? That one was good, very much in the style of Jane but updated.

Karen said...

The crib quilt is a hit. I like two color quilts thought I don't often make one. Also, your Christmas quilt in the previous post is quite nice. I have a quilt top pieced using the star pattern. I should get busy and get it quilted.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love it Laura! Wonderful as all your stuff is!