Monday, March 25, 2019


I have been working away on the Teton's summer wedding quilt.  The mountains are done.  I have pictures of my son climbing the Teton mountains.  You start with shorts on and finish with winter snow wear on.  I love the thought that the lower areas of the mountains are covered with ponds and wildflowers.  It is definitely not what you think of when you think about mountain climbing.



This paper piecing is new to me and I have not enjoyed it all that much.  I was ready to be finished with the New York beauty blocks and move on to the mountains which looked so much easier for me.  Well, that definitely wasn't the case.   The sky fabric drove me batty for a bit.  I could not get it to go in the correct direction.  In the end I had to make templates from the pattern and sew the mountains from templates.  I am ready to move onto the trees.


It is spring break week here.  I am missing the years traveling with my kiddoes to Florida,  My grandbabes are getting old enough that I might have to start that tradition up again.


2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Paper piecing can be difficult sometimes, especially when it is directional. You solved your problem well and the block turned out great.

So glad that you are back posting again. It has been a while. I have been reading your blog since the beginning.

Laura said...

Thank you Rose Marie for hanging in there with me!!