Friday, March 09, 2007

More strings



I am still working away on my chevron strings each morning. I still like working with the solids. I believe I need 6 rows of bars going left and 5 rows of bars facing right. I have about 5 rows of the facing left done so far. This quilt is in Gwen Marston’s Liberated String Piecing book. I am definitely loving this book. I just have to throw in a picture of my little buddy Bullvye. I was sitting at my machine this morning and looked over at him and decided to snap a picture of him being lazy. He looks so sad in this picture. Tomorrow my big plan is to get some hand appliqué done on my River quilt so I can move on to the lettering. And I also need to get the binding stitched down on my Hugs and Kisses quilt. I hope there are some good old movies on!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Yousr strings look like men's fancy ties. If Bullvye could talk-- think of the quilt stories he could tell*S*

Anonymous said...

Beautiful strings ! I love solids, too, so simple, elegant and effective at the same time !
I still don't know Gwen Marston's book, but I've heard so many positive comment about it, that I've put it on my wishlist.

Beautiful picture of your buddy, too ! (and I like the bears paw block designed on the ground.Did you doit yourself ? Nice idea !)

Smiles !
NADINE

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love your solid color strings. I certainly am going to have to do this! And Bullvye is so cute!

Sweet P said...

screendoor and I had the same thought - the chevron stripes look like men's ties. I love them with the solid fabric.

Bullvye does look sad, but I bet he was happy you were with him.

Darcie said...

What a sweet face!

Love your chevron strings, Laura! They are so rich in color.

Elaine Adair said...

My goodness -- you have quilt blocks painted on your deck/porch? How clever!

I was wanting to do my garage door in one huge block but DH was not keen on it.

Libby said...

What a great collection of solids you have there - the strings are looking great. Bullvye should come over and play with Harper. I get the same looks from her . . . get away from that machine and come play with me *s*

Judy said...

Sweet boy! The chevrons are looking very good!