Thursday, August 06, 2009

Everything Gwen


I was cleaning my desk out and came across some more pictures I had taken of Gwen Marston quilts while attending a one woman show of hers in Flint Michigan back in the 90’s. Gwen is an absolute favorite of mine, I was lucky to be able to take a class from her a couple of years ago. Recently on a couple of blogs I read they have posted some pictures of her and Freddie’s quilts. Check out Valori Wells blog and Sue Spargo’s blog. You might have to scan down to an earlier post. Here are a few of the pics I have found.


“Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.” - Denis Diderot

3 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I'm crazy about Gwen! And she is working on a new book--can hardly wait to get it

YankeeQuilter said...

Love that second quilt! Can't wait for her new book. How lucky you were to take a class with her!

Tonya Ricucci said...

you are so lucky to have gotten to see these!