Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Doll Quilts made for Friends

The three doll quilts I am showing today were all made for friends.


Allelujah was made for my sweet friend Lela when she opened her bed and breakfast. I thought she might need a start on her Christmas decorations. It is done in both cotton and wool.

This little Log Cabin quilt was made for fellow blogger Lucy. I was lucky to be able to meet her during one of her trips to the states. She had posted how she would like to have a wall of little quilts so I made her this one to get her a start on that wall.

My one and only “art” quilt was made for my good friend Linda upon her celebrating her 50th Birthday. We share a love of primitive/folkart quilts so I thought it would be fun to make her something totally out of our safe zone.

“I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God’s gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.” Frances Farmer

1 comment:

Loris said...

Beautiful doll quilt show! I love the one you gave Lucy. And your art quilt still has a nice subtle folk art flavor. Great idea for gifting.