Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Scenes from Quilt Camp

We had another fun and productive quilt camp. Here are a few pictures of what was happening. I worked on birthday blocks that I was behind on. The first block is Lela's who requested barns.


Next up was Ginny who wanted something in Khakis, purples and greens.


This is our wonderful master quilter Esther and her gorgeous quilt!


This one is for Viki who wanted a paper pieced flower. I don't paper piece so I did the most basic one I could find.


Sossity asked for churn dash blocks in 30's prints

Linda asked for tans, pinks and browns.


Mel's absoulutely exquisite Winter Wonderland top.


Dawn busy at work. She was my tablemate.


7 comments:

Loris said...

Lovely birthday blocks! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Quilting retreats are the best. I get to do a one day retreat with a friend tomorrow. Can't wait!

Sharon said...

Looks like you were very productive on this retreat. Love the two quilts you showcased, the stepping stones/applique is so cheerful!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love how your barn turned out! I don't have Lela on my list so I"ll have to add that!

Jan said...

Oh Pooh. Your ahead of me now on birthday blocks. I just love Mel's Winter wonderland. Great seeing you, but we really didn't have that much time to talk. However, Loved all you stories as usual. You definitely live an interesting life...never dull.

Diane said...

Esther matches her quilt! She is beautiful. It looks like you got a lot accomplished.

McIrish Annie said...

I am slowly catching up with Bloggers and stopped to see you today. I can totally relate to the picture of your son jumping from the tree. I catch up with my son the same way. There was a video on his FB page this winter of him snowboarding off trail with a camera attached to his helmet! Oy mama!!

I love that you are a Petty fan!!! We saw him when he came thru town in August for the Mojo Tour. totally love him and never miss him when he is in town..

and I have not done much quilting of late either... or blogging for that matter.

enjoyed stopping by your blog..

Rosalyn Manesse said...

So much lovely and interesting work