Thursday, February 03, 2011

Snow Days


I am now on my third snow day from work this week. Yes I am loving it and at the same time getting nothing accomplished. I have spent the majority of my time on the couch catching up on taped tv shows. Very slugworthy of me I know. I did have good weekend at Miss Mary's quilting cottage with my friends last week. I worked on my squares quilt and the above is one of the block patterns that I was able to get done. All the parts are sewn together and now they just need to be sewn into blocks. It was a good weekend with good friends!

Half of the gang!

The other half!

Linda and Michelle

Joan modeling her just made scrub top

Now I am off to do some handquilting and catch up on The Virginian!

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

4 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I love snow days! It's the only real benefit to winter. Have fun!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love that one fabric in the corner of that one block!

Paula, the quilter said...

I don't get snow days. But then I do not work on Fridays either. Friday is the day that I catch up on my recorded shows. It looks like you had fun with your friends.

Gari in AL said...

I hate slugworthy days and yet I love them. There are days that I just watch tv or read and I am learning to realize that it is perfectly all right to enjoy those days (as long as they don't stretch out too long).