Thursday, March 17, 2011

Family/Vacation Time


I have been working like mad trying to get these 2 1/2" square blocks done before I leave on vacation. You see lucky me my oldest son who lives out west is flying down to meet us then coming back home and staying for 10 days so I had to get my other sons room cleaned up from all my quilting stuff. Since he is away at college I have taken over his room and loving getting some sewing done. This is all my 1st set of blocks done. This is a mystery quilt all done out of squares. After my son leaves I will set up again and try to get the next set of blocks done before his brother arrives home for the summer. So yes I am headed out for warmer weather. Well at least I hope it is warmer, today it is 68 degrees here, I couldn't ask for better weather then this.
I have also been working on a bedroom makeover. I found this awesome (to me) bedspread and it just took off from there. Now I have a chair for reading in the corner with hanging lights and a new rug, I am going to get my son to paint the wall behind my bed while he is home and that should finish it off. It is nice to get a facelift every now and then.
I also was able to sew the center of my Bitchy quilt top together, all but the tea towel as I am worrying about it raveling out. So next up is the lettering.
Oh and on one more good note I have someone coming to stay at my house with Bullvye while we are gone. I am so glad he doesn't have to go to the kennel. He will be stressed enough with us gone. So I will see you all in a few weeks, off to spend some time with two of my wonderful kids!

"The family isone of nature's masterpieces." - George Santayana

9 comments:

Jan said...

Your Bitchy quilt is fabulous! Have a good time in FL.

Barb said...

have a great time - love your scrap quilt and your cute puppy photo!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your scrap quilt is looking great!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Bitchy quilt... haha!~ to cute!

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, the Bitchy quilt is coming along great. I LOVE it. glad Bullvye will have company. enjoy your time with the kids.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oops, make that hope you enjoyED your time with the kids!

BrendaLou said...

Missing your blog entries. I am hoping all is well with you. God bless you.

catnap said...

Had to laugh at the bit about son coming home and needing to clear out of his room. I do the same in our teeny house when DS is away at college. He's home now for a week. I do so miss him when he's gone, but it is chaos when I have to clear my massive quantity of (papercrafting) supplies out of his room. The law of entropy says the rest of the house is now a disaster, as I have no place else to stash the stash. Love, love, love the bitchy quote. Mirth is truly a good thing. How else can we survive it all?

Unknown said...

you are invited tom follow my blog