Monday, December 30, 2013

 
The season is almost over.  I have to say it has been a really nice one for me this year.   I had decided early on to just slow down and enjoy it.  Most of my shopping was done online, I never did have to make a trip to the mall.  Instead time was spent with friends enjoying a nice dinner and a cranberry martini or two.   
 
 
 
 
 I made a visit to Santa and Mrs. Claus with the grandkids then we enjoyed a big pancake and sausage breakfast afterwards.  They have spent a couple of nights with grandma in their newly made up bedroom.  We have spent lots of time reading books, singing songs and dancing.  Nothing beats dancing with these two little sweeties!
  
  
 
 
Early mornings have been spent with a cup of coffee and Jane Austen.  So far I have read Pride and Prejudice and I am in the middle of Persuasion.  I do love a good classic.
 
 
 
 
I have a whole stack of books pulled out to read again to inspire me for the new year.  And my new sewing room is bright and warm and ready for me to get busy in. 
 
I fully believe that we choose the joy in our life.   I hope that you have had a joyful holiday season!

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

hurrah, glad you got to spend time with your family. Lovely books... Happy New Year!

traditional_quilter said...

The only thing better than a good book is sewing lol. Lovely grandkids! I agree that life is what you make of it and I strive to bring joy into each day by being positive and doing something for my self that makes me happy. Others around you feel the positive energy and it helps spread the joy. Have a great day!

Every Stitch said...

Thanks for all the Days of Christmas quilts - I enjoyed them like a little gift every day! Great reading choices - I love to read Jane Austen regularly - any and all of them.