Friday, June 30, 2006

Liberty Class with Ginger Sanchez


On Saturday I took a class with Ginger Sanchez. She is multi-talented. She offers classes in different mediums. My friend took a class from her on Friday; it was an all day Christmas workshop. She left with 6 candy canes done in fabric, 6 gingerbread men that were done in fabric and then put in a fabric stiffener that was mixed with cinnamon so that they smelled really good. After embellishing them they put them in the oven on low to dry. A snowman that was adorable and a wool Christmas tree finished the assortment. Saturday’s class was a wool penny rug on silk. It is so pretty with its purple plums. She did not have the sample finished. It will be finished off with tongues surrounding it. I am anxious to get busy working on it. A kit was supplied with the class and she had it all very organized. The teachers at the Gathering try to outdo one another with the way they package the kits. You don’t ever know how it will come. I have received them in pretty bags and painted paper boxes. That is part of the fun!
It was a great trip! I am already looking forward to next year.

8 comments:

Judy said...

Each day just gets better and better. I might have to think about going to this thing next year!! I'll have to read back to see where it is exactly! I love christmas and all things that are made. The table runner is really beautiful even unfinished!!

Melanie said...

I love the Christmas tree!. But I'm kind of a Christmas kind of girl. I love the music, the colors, the symbolism, everything about it-- year round.I know.... Yuck!!! Your trip really sounds fun.
Melanie
P.S. Thanks for the teenage pep talk. It's nice to find out others go through similar things.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those xmas things are so cute - but I LOVE that table runner! The colors are just too beautiful! You had better hide it when I come down this fall because it is coming home with me!!!!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow, that makes me want to make Christmas ornaments. Very fun. Beautiful table runner. Never thought of using wool and silk together - but I bet the different textures looks great.

Pam said...

Wow - the workshops and trip sounded wonderful! I am not sure where Liberty MO is but --- can I come?? Waving hands excitedly - is it close to Vancouver??

I just love the table runner - beautiful colours.
Pam

Quiltgranny said...

Well, when you girls come to Liberty next year, you'll have to let KCquilter and Quiltgranny know. We both live in the metro area and can certainly find time to meet you for lunch one day. Not needing another direction for my creative juices to flow, I think I'll stand back and watch you all play with the wool, though!

Darcie said...

Love your friend's finished pieces. Adorable! And a penny rug on silk? Could there be anything more tempting to touch than that?! Gorgeous!

Glad you're back home!

Lily Mulholland said...

Ooooh that plums and berries applique is gorgeous. What will you use it for?