Monday, May 04, 2009

Birthdays


I share a birthday with a good quilting friend of mine. If you would look up “kind and loving person” in the dictionary it would have her name behind it. We always have dinner with our friends and we exchange gifts, this year I wanted to make her something special. I knew it would have to have words on it and be something small that I could actually accomplish. This little pattern fit the bill and I really enjoyed hand quilting it this winter. The fabric on the back is all words also. I always purchase those fabrics with words but never know quite how to use them. This was perfect!
I had a busy weekend of painting, etc. I am not sure I like the result in my kitchen so I think I will sit on it a few days and then possibly pull the paintbrush out again. Those cabinets were a pain and I hate the thought of doing them over but I guess it is only paint and a little bit of hard work. Tonight I am going out with my friends for dinner. I can’t wait!

Once in a blue moon there’s someone who knows it all, someone who knows and accepts you unconditionally, someone who’s there for life. – Jill McCorkle

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I have that word fabric as well -- I've used it to make other words. nice gift for your friend. Happy Birthday!

Loris said...

What a lovely way to share a birthday. The 'wordy' looks very fun and sweet. Hope you both have great new years :-)

Barb said...

What a nice gift...sounds like you are just a good friend to her as she is to you.

Libby said...

It's a pain, but if you don't like the cabinets it will be worth it to redo. How do I know? I went through four color changes before I finally got mine right. That's a lot of sanding, priming and painting but oh how I love my kitchen now *s*

Karen said...

Must be a special friend, indeed! A very nice gift for your friend.

BrendaLou said...

What a wonderful gift! I, too, love quilts and especially fabric with words! Great use of both.

seabreezequilts said...

Have a wonderful birthday Laura, I am sure the cabinets will grow on you.