Monday, May 11, 2009

Cherries


I had a wonderful week last week. It was definitely a week that kept on giving. Last Monday night I went out with my friends for a birthday dinner. That is always fun. I received all kinds of quilty gifts including some fabulous Elvis fabric. I am going to make some pillowcases from it, so I will soon be resting my head on Elvis chest every night. After I arrived home that evening my son and friends threw me a birthday party. They had each bought me gifts, things we needed around the house like wine glasses, a toaster, watering can, etc. It was fun. And the fun didn’t end there, the next day at work they threw me a Cinco de Mayo party at lunch to celebrate my big day, I received two large bouquets of flowers and that evening my daughter threw me a surprise birthday party at our local park. The fun was just endless and just what I needed. Of course the same dear quilt friends who had been with me the night before showed up at my party. My oldest son called me that night and told me my gift was yet to come as it would arrive through the mail. The next day I received two tickets to see Elton John and Billy Joel next week! I love Elton and couldn’t believe he thought of this. It was definitely a memorable week. I have said it before but I will say it again, my friends and family are the best!
This weekend I actually got some outdoor work done. I am now on countdown to get this all done before our graduation party at the end of the month. I also was able to prepare another block for my Pat Sloan Farmers Market quilt. And I have the cherries done!

“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a nice celebration you had. And hurry and get the Elvis pillow case made! I made an Elvis fabric quilt many years ago. I no longer own it. I ended up giving it to a friend who is a major Elvis lover.

Cherry block is cute. I have all the patterns for the Pat Sloan project and had forgotten about it.

Jan said...

I heard about all the celebrations on Tues evening. What a wonderful way to spend your b'day. A party almost every day and sometimes 2 a day. And tickets!!!!! You are loved.
Cherries are great. I got mine cut out this weekend. I think you and I are the only ones getting this accomplished. Good for us!!!!

Bebesboutique said...

Wow! Elvis, Elton John, Billy Joel, ( All huge as they are) Flowers, House hold items AND (let me say it again) AND quilty stuff. You are well loved and raised some good kids!

julieQ said...

Wow! You party girl you...how fun! I am glad you had such a nice celebration.

YankeeQuilter said...

You're not kidding about having a great week! I was willing to stop with sleeping with your head on Elvis's chest...

Happy belated birthday!