Friday, June 19, 2009

Favorite Quotes


I have been keeping busy with summer stuff and work. I thought I would pass on a few of my favorite quotes today that I have collected over time to share with my children. The picture above is one my oldest son took last summer.

"The best thing to spend on your children is time"
- Arnold Glasow

"There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets
the future in" - Graham Greene


Life's up and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values
and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life
you want. - Marsha Sinetar

Daughters are like flowers, they fill the world with beauty, and sometimes attract pests. ~Author Unknown

Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be. – George Sheehan

By the time a women realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she's wrong.

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would have preferred to talk.

“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid of standing still.” - Chinese proverb

And my personal favorite of this group:

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell
happened. -Cora Harvey Armstrong

4 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

All true, but especially the last one, sigh.

Browndirtcottage said...

...LOL... I LOVE the last one....but they are ALL good!!

Jan said...

You always have the perfect saying for everything. Where do you find all of these. Love them.

Quilts And Pieces said...

He takes some awesome pics! Maybe he will become a wildlife photographer someday!???