Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pictures and Paducah update


This was the view each evening from our balcony during our vacation. I just love a sunset no matter where I am! It is so hard to come back from relaxation to normal life. I don’t feel at this point that I will ever have time to sew again, but I know better then that. It is just that overwhelming feeling you have after having been gone awhile. Middle child had a ballgame last night in 40 degree temperatures, high winds and sprinkles off and on. I was hoping it would be cancelled but no go on that. It did allow me to go to the big city and do grocery shopping. So I was able to cross one thing off my list.
I am so excited. Dawn of Quilts and Pieces (http://dquilts.blogspot.com/) is going to Paducah with me. Only 3 weeks away. We have never met but through cyber space so as you can imagine I am totally psyched about this! We will get spend 5 days together. My large group of traveling buddies have been emailing her and making her part of the group. She will fit right in!

I had to include this picture of the seagulls. It would not be Florida without them. Now, if it would only quit raining here and warm up a little. Have I said I am not a lover of spring……

6 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful pictures especially of the seagulls. How fun is that that you will get to meet and spend time with Dawn! Daylight savings always throws me for a loop, too. I didn't sleep at all last night. Wish *they'd* leave well enough alone :)

Tracey said...

Welcome home, Laura!! The sunset is gorgeous!! I hope you have a wonderful time and sewing doesn't become a faint memory for you! :o)

Kay said...

Ah, the wonders of daylight savings time! Indiana didn't need it, that's for sure. The dark mornings put us back in winter again, and the late evenings mess up the biological clock, at least for me. But hang in there; on a few more weeks to Paducah.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love your Florida pictures! I love the beach and ocean - no matter what time of day! Oh that view is to die for! And that picture you captured of the seagulls - that is just awesome. It is so cool how their wings are at the same point and they just look like they are suspended there!

Now as for Paducah! You can't be anywhere near as excited as I am - although I am dying to meet these ladies. Man they had me rolling on the floor today. And you can't even imagine how much I needed that! I"ll have to fill you in when you get settled!

Darcie said...

Terrific pics, Laura! Wow...you're fast on the trigger to be able to capture the seagulls like that. I too, love any sort of sunscape. Your pic of the sun and the ocean takes my breath away!

We -- whom are STAYING HOME AND NOT GOING TO PADUCAH -- are going to want to hear EVERYTHING from you two!!! How fun!!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh you and Dawn are going to have so much fun in Paducah!!! Can't wait to hear all the stories :)