Thursday, July 06, 2006

Christmas quilt


I have to admit that I am really having fun with Tonya’s free style letters. They are like potato chips. Once you get started you can’t stop. I have sat all other projects aside while I go with my ideas and these letters. Before I did the doghouses I did the Christmas quilt above. The stars are from Bonnie’s site http://www.quiltville.com. I loved how she had used the plaids. I have a huge stash of plaids and since our retreat theme this year (you can find out all the fun stuff planned via Linda’s blog http://www.tippeca-needle.blogspot.com) is “snowed in” using only your stash, I thought this would be a fun example. Once I finished the top I knew I needed to add some words to the border. “Love came down at Christmas, Stars and angels gave the sign”. Since I couldn’t stop at just one quilt I moved on to the doghouses. I am still going strong! Next quilt up is based on “Ham and Eggs – A day’s work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig”! I have a great chicken feed tea towel I bought in Paducah that I am also going to incorporate into this quilt. I can’t wait to get started!

13 comments:

Finn said...

Wow Laura, this must be the day for all GREAT quilts to come out and get their picture taken!!
I was just over at Tracey's and left speechless...almost..*G*

Your stars quilt is just wonderful. Love the stars, and especially love your liberated letters and what they say. I see you dog quilt just below the comments here, have to go and look at that one too!! Great job of making it totally YOURS!!!!

Judy said...

Love Christmas quilts! I've only made one and I need to think of another one. This is such a great quilt idea and I love the letters to make it special!!

The Calico Cat said...

cool, sounds lik you are having a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Love both the Christmas and the dog quilt - excellent

Boy but that saying about the ham and egs just made me laugh out loud - the nicest wittiest thing I've heard all week!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Laura! This is wonderful!!!! I love it! You are on a roll girl! I need to get to my letters yet, geez, I just can't with it, and now I have one more distraction! I'd rather play with chloe than sew! But that will wear off sometime I would guess!

quiltpixie said...

love your sayings... looking forward to seeing the ham and eggs...

dot said...

What a fun Christmas quilt. Someone has been having a ton of fun. Keep it up.

ForestJane said...

I'm curious about the chicken feed tea towel... lol

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wonderful plaidy christmas quilt. I've never heard the ham and eggs quote before - very funny. Can't wait to see how it's all going to turn out.

Linda C. said...

Dynamic, as usual! Your sayings add so much to the whole presentation. I can hardly wait for Camp to get here . . . its going to be so much fun!

Joyce said...

Aren't those liberated letters the greatest! Love what you've done with them and eagerly anticipate the ham and eggs quilt.

Darcie said...

Great looking quilt, Laura! Love the saying. I cannot wait to see your "Ham and Eggs." That saying is way too cute!!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Laura you are so funny. Yep those little piggies do give up a lot for our B&E!

This Xmas quilt is just gorgeous. Love it!