Friday, July 14, 2006

More on ATC's


Wow! Thanks for all the great ideas on the ATC’s. This is all new to me; but I am excited about giving it a try. Quilt Pixie you gave me some great ideas on getting these cards stabilized. Thanks! I also love the thought of stitching the edges down with embroidery thread or pearle cotton. That would work great with the wool. I hope to start on one this weekend and see how quickly the process goes. I think they will be somewhat time consuming since I will be doing them by hand. I will need around 10-12.
It is supposed to be hot here this weekend and for once we don’t have any baseball. We have been a family of kayakers for quite some time. The plan is to get out on the water this weekend for a nice slow paddle. This will be dependent upon the rains today. They are supposed to be heavy and could bring the water levels up. If that is the case we will have to travel a ways to paddle on a lake!

4 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Laura that's a great idea to use the perle on the edges.

LOL we have rains here too - but the cold kind! It's been drizzling all night and looks set to do the same today. We're all rugged up and staying inside today.

Enjoy your paddle!

quiltpixie said...

great plan for finishing your edges.... all will be well :-)

ForestJane said...

Happy kayaking!

Be sure to get some good pictures to share with us. :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! Not sure if it got as hot there as it is here this weekend, but man I"m sweating! I can't wait to see your ATC's! I've still got them on my brain! I"m dying to see them!