Monday, January 08, 2007

More finished tops


I don’t usually like to show photos of my quilts until they are completed but with the stack of tops I have by the time these get quilted you probably won’t remember them anyway! The first is a roosting robin quilt I have been working on. I wrote about it here. It is of my own design and was fun to work on. I am glad to have it finished! The second quilt is a maple leaf quilt I started a couple of years ago. I did the 15 – 30 min a day thing with this one. I got up 30 min early each morning and dedicated that time to sewing this quilt together. After I got the blocks sewed together I was stumped as to what border should go on it. I put it to the side for about a year. Last winter when I went to our Miss Mary’s retreat I found the batik leaf print. I decided that instead of a pieced border I would just finish it off with a fabric border and call it quits. Of course it took me 11 months to get around to putting the borders on! So this is the last of the projects that I worked on over my Christmas break. I hope I can keep the momentum going and finish a few more before winter ends and baseball starts!

13 comments:

Libby said...

Great finishes -- you did a wonderful job designing your own quilt! And, of course, fall being my favorite I love the leaves, too *s*

tami said...

They are both stunning. You are already way ahead of me. I haven't even cleaned the sewing room since the mad Christmas rush. I think I need time to recover.

Paula, the quilter said...

Both quilts are beautiful. A pieced border on the leaf quilt would have detracted from the center. I like what you did.

Rae said...

I love the colors in the Leaf Quilt

Linda C. said...

I love them both . . . and, maybe I should bring my "roosting robin" to Miss Mary's . . . all fabrics are together in one box, and I have even started the center applique! Too little time!

Angie said...

I love them both, too! Great job on your roosting robin quilt. I do love applique. That is just really really cute! *S* And oh I do love those Fall leaves quilts. Maybe I'll get mine finished one of these days. *sigh*

Melanie said...

I love the completed projects. Quilting is one of those things---'When there's a will, there's a way!!!"

Unknown said...

That batik fabric border around your maple leaf quilt was absolutely MADE for it - a perfect finish to a lovely quilt - the other one's nice too :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW ! ... more beauties to handquilt, while watching good old movies !

Smiles !
NADINE.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Laura! Very nice. I like the border you put on the leaf quilt! So what is the plan for Miss Mary's this year? I haven't decided yet!!!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Great work Laura! Now you just have to sandwich and quilt them LOL!!

May Britt said...

Both quilts are so beautiful. But my favorite is the maple leafs. It has so stunning colours.

Tazzie said...

Ohhh Laura, they're both beautiful, and I especially love the Maple Leaf quilt, just stunning!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)