Tuesday, September 18, 2007

9 Patch Quilts


Eee gads it is Tuesday and I am still sick! I can’t believe that I can’t get over this cold. I am still hacking away nightly and not getting much sleep. Even the Nyquil doesn’t work. I will be glad to get back to normal. I still haven’t put my camp stuff away and that has now been over a week ago. I have been hand quilting on a small doll quilt and watching Season 2 of All Creatures Great and Small. A BBC series from the late 70’s early 80’s. And of course working. Over the weekend I watched my Notre Dame Irish get beat up horribly again. But the Browns and Colts came out winners so that made me happy. Tonight I am going to our guild meeting. It is time to get out amongst the living again.

I have to show the 9 patch quilt a guy at work brought in to show. He recently had a daughter. He is one of 4 sons (no daughters) and the first 5 grandchildren were boys. So his daughter was gifted with the family quilt. He has a picture of the great great grandmother that made it and all the history. I just love it. The colors are still really vibrant. I did a search on 9 patch quilts and came up with a couple of free patterns I like at http://www.quiltmag.com .

10 comments:

Patti said...

How beautiful! And what an unusual setting for a nine patch. I don't think I've ever see this setting before. She was obviously a lady who thought "outside the box".

Libby said...

What a beauty of a quilt and extra sweet of the fella to share it with you so we could enjoy it, too *s*

Lucy said...

What a beauty !! I love it. I never saw a quilt like this before too. Thank you for sharing

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh love that quilt. that is so great that the family has the story and pictures to go along with it. hope you are feeling much better very soon! I read the All Creatures books, tho wasn't hugely keen on the series - glad it's keeping you entertained tho.

Lily Mulholland said...

Tis a gorgeous quilt. So sorry to hear you're still sick! I loved All Creatures too.

Elaine Adair said...

What a beauty! She had to do some planning to get everything placed correctly. I've never seen this setting before - LOL you would think that with all the quilts we've all seen, someone would have done this before, but NOPE!

Feel better soon. I'm wishing I could review those delightful "All Creatures ..." - that was good TV.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Laura - taht is a really fun quilt! Thanks for sharing it even if we can't have it!!! :)

swooze said...

Great quilt! Thanks for sharing it!

Shelina said...

I hope you feel better soon. It is awful being sick, especially if you're still going to work! This is a really pretty quilt - I don't think I've seen this setting before.

YankeeQuilter said...

I r3eally love this quilt! So unusual. All Creatures G &S was one of my favorite books. I just started watching the series.