Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Another Doll Quilt


I really don’t have much going on to write about! I have been dealing with aging parent issues and sick and injured kids. I didn’t even touch my sewing machine again this weekend. I have been doing handwork. I have all my pumpkins done and I am ready to move on to the black cats. I also completed another little doll quilt with scallops that doesn’t have a binding on it either. It was made from some leftover triangles from a mystery quilt I had done this summer. I moved on to a strippy doll quilt I had done a while back and it is half quilted.
We have been having record breaking temperatures. It has been in the 90’s for awhile now. It is really strange to have this type of weather at this time of year. I haven’t even thought about changing my summer clothes out yet for the winter ones. We are heading to Florida in less then a month so when I do change the clothes out I will just go ahead and pack my suitcase. This weather sure is making it easy on me!

6 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Sorry about the aging/illness issues. hope everyone is okay now. would love to see more pics of halloween at your house. you really just collect and don't display? crazy woman.

you're now a fool for scalloping. Did you stamp the words on this little doll quilt? beautiful soft colors.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Not long now! I hope things settle down long enough for our few days. I just love this doll quilt - the colors are amazing!

Libby said...

Hope you find easy solutions to the parent issues. It's a good thing that kids mend quickly *s* The dolly quilt is darling . . . I've been thinking of trying one out with a scalloped border - such a nice touch.

MeganZ said...

Just beautiful! So inspiring...

YankeeQuilter said...

The border is perfect on this little quilt. sorry to hear about the illnesses and issues. A prayer they resolve themselves soon.

Your color post is wonderful...I wish I was brave enough to paint a room orange!!!

Joanna said...

This is just such a cute quilt. I love the scalloped border. Hope things improve on the family front!