Friday, November 02, 2007

Age 12 Quilt


I had told you all on Monday how I had completed a lot of tops last weekend. Mariah’s age 12 Bible Quilt blocks was one of them. I didn’t like how plain the borders were so I have spent a couple of my evenings this week cutting out appliqués to fill it in. As you can tell I appliqué with the freezer paper on top. I now have them all pinned down and know what my winter appliqué project is going to be. The border has some symbolism in it that only she will know. It has 2 dogs a black one and a yellow one for the 2 that she has had. 3 cats for her kittys she now has, 2 horses a black one and a buckskin one to represent her great grandma’s horses. We have 2 boys for her brothers and one girl for herself, 2 hearts under the willow tree represent her dad and I. And Jesus rising from the grave above the Sun rising. It was a lot of fun and I will enjoy working on it.
The trip to see “The Shining” was a blast. The audience somewhat inter-acted with it. It reminded me of my late teen years and going to see the midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
It looks like I am going to have to spend my Saturday working. I leave for Florida next week and I have a lot of work still to get done. What we don’t do for a vacation! I will try to check in one more time before leaving.

6 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is wonderful! I have been waiting to see it with the red cornerstones! And I love all the applique you added now! Glad you had a fun time at the shining - no way would I go. I"ve been meaning to email to see how your are doing, but work was worse than bad this week. A server crashed and we are working all weekend still on it! Have a great time in FL if I don't catch you before you go!

Lucy said...

I am impressed Laura!! It is aweseome. I love this quilt very very much!

Libby said...

Such a wonderful quilt for your daughter . . . the meaningful touches will only become more special to her over the years.

*no scary movies for me, either*

Susan said...

That's a wonderful quilt for her. You've done a lot of work on it, and have a lot in that border still to do. How wonderful that you are doing this.

Erin said...

What a treasure for you and your daughter to work on and your daughter to have for years to come! very nice too Laura! have a nice vacation!

julieQ said...

Beautiful folk art!! What a treasure for your daughter.

JulieQ