Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Rose Blocks


I know, I know, I promised you pictures of my finishes from this past weekend. When I have had 2 kids at home I haven’t thought about it and I need for them to hold the tops. I will get it done eventually. I did have a picture of another project I have been working on. It is my rose quilt. All the roses and leaves are done in different off white tone on tones. I have about ten blocks done and at this time I am not quite sure how many I plan to do. It is going to have an appliqué border on 2 sides that will be done in the same fabrics. I always like doing a 2 color quilt every other year and it is that time again. The picture really doesn’t show the differences in the 2 tone on tones that are used in each block.
We had more bad weather last night so I wasn’t able to make it to guild. Will this winter ever be over? I know I am ready. Tonight we are headed to the Beef House for dinner. It is about 30 minutes away from us. They are famous for steaks and dinner rolls. This weather better hold up today because I am craving more then one dinner roll.
On my mission to organize I had a large bag to donate to guild last night for our upcoming Trading Post. So I am still sticking to the bag or box a week and we are now into March.
Out there in blog land I have been watching Ruthie’s stash report. She has been going through the fabric. I can’t imagine having to keep track as I use it or buy it. I don’t believe that is a ratio I really want to know. Linda has completed all kinds of tops this winter and she was showing us on Saturday another one that she is nearing the end on. It is in gorgeous purples. Sossity has been getting a lot done also, but then she is definitely the queen of organization. That’s it for today, hopefully I will get those pictures taken tonight.

5 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those are so cute! Boy you have patience for all that applique!

Lea said...

Lovely rose blocks. can't wait to see when you finish!

Libby said...

That's a lovely bouquet of roses you have there.

sossy said...

Roses are looking good. Did you make it to your dinner? I made it to the hospital on Tuesday night to see my nephew. He was born at 8:37 that night. I had all ready been driving to guild when Ian called my cell to say it was cancelled so knew my sis was on the way to hospital to deliver so went there and got a lot of embroidery done while sitting in the waiting room with my parents. Have a great weekend.

janetsue2 said...

Laura,

I love your rose blocks.Red is my favorite color. I w2as already to go to guild too. When Ruthie said"they just cancelled it!" I had to mail my qulit show entry forms the next morning. I'm looking forward to the show.

Janet