Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Doll Quilt Finished Up


I finished up another little doll quilt. Yes I am totally addicted to making and hand quilting these little darlings. I have another one just about completed and then I am going to start using my free time to appliqué instead of hand quilt. I need to get Mariah’s bible quilt done and as I have half the border appliquéd I need to start working on it and get it finished.
I went to guild last night. This was the first meeting after our quilt show and it was financially successful. We will be able to support our causes for another couple of years. It was also show and tell night. Now I didn’t think that there would be that much show and tell since we just had a show but a quilt show must be a big motivator as we had a lot of new quilts shown. A few of our snowbirds showed up for the first time since last fall and we got to see what they had been working on all winter. I always love show and tell time. My good friend Linda bought me a little packet of hand dyed wools at the Chicago show and gave them to me last night they are gorgeous. Thanks Linda!
And speaking of good friends, I have two friends that have taken up blogging. Please stop by and welcome them to our world. Carol is my personal, ha ha, machine quilter. I have spoken of her many times on my blog as she does excellent machine quilting and is just a downright lovely person. She has a neat post on her blog about setting up an old fashioned quilt frame and quilting a quilt for her church quilt ministry. Jan is my Texas friend and she welcomes ya’ll to come over to her blog and see what she has been working on lately. She is a project oriented gal and I love her to pieces.
And this is way off the mark, but hey it is going to be a gorgeous day in Indiana today and I got myself up early and washed my sheets and hung them out on the line. That is a first for me in 2008.

7 comments:

Cornfield Quilter said...

The doll quilt is darling, it is in my favorite colors!

Cornfield Quilter said...

The doll quilt is darling, it is in my favorite colors!

Cornfield Quilter said...

whoops, i am still in the learning curve. :c(

Jan said...

Thanks Laura for including me as a new blogger. By the way, Linda said my Mystery Quilt from camp was there last night, all quilted? What did you think? I can't wait to see it. Headed to IN on Monday. Can't wait. Your doll quilt is darling. What are you doing with all those?

Michelle said...

I'm with Jan...what do you do with the doll quilts when you finish them? Do you display them in some way that I'm not thinking of? I think I might want to try one - do you put them in some kind of small hoop as you're hand quilting them?

Anonymous said...

Your little doll quilt is so sweet. They are so fun to do inbetween bigger quilts :-)

Lea said...

Woooooo, This doll quilt is darling! love it. It remind me of Rasberries and Chocolate! Yum!