Friday, April 11, 2008

Orange Crush


I bit the bullet and decided to play along with Bonnie’s Orange Crush Mystery. I love a good mystery quilt and my friends were playing so how could I not? I went back and forth and finally decided that it would all come from my stash and that would be a good thing so I started pulling fabrics. I decided to do mine in brights as I have a lot to play with, plus the title of the mystery really pulled me toward using lots of Orange. I used different light yellows for my background fabrics. I pulled a lime, purple and orange for my 3 fabrics from yardage and a black hula girl fabric I purchased in Florida a few years back for my accent. I have my 4 patches done and I am awaiting the next clue. I have written before about my fascination with mystery quilts as I have already made over 20. I love the not knowing where I am going with the quilt. This is totally strange to my friends as I am known for reading the last chapter of a book after reading the first chapter. For some reason with quilting it is different for me.
I am really looking forward to this weekend. We don’t have much of anything going on, that means I can spend time in my sewing room. And to make it even better we have a forecast of rain and cold temps. Nothing will be drawing me outside this weekend. I hope you all have a great one!

6 comments:

Carol A. said...

Love the fabrics and colors you have chosen! I will post mine when I get the pix taken. I love all the blogs and so I finally created my own.

Lily Mulholland said...

I wish I had more time and less projects on the go - I'd love to play along :)

sewprimitive karen said...

Those fabrics look fabulous and I'm insane for the hula girl one, that should look so great.

Nines said...

Bonnie's running the mystery quilt- so it will have to be good!! Love your brights!

Ruthie said...

Love your fabrics! Especially your lights. I still haven't decided for sure which of the 4 I'm going to use.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I just about have my 4-patches done! I have to snap a pic yet! I have none of the big fabtrics yet! Used stash for the 4-patches, but I don't have 1.5 yds of anything in my stash! Darn, I"ll have to go shopping!