Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Orange Crush Clue # 3 Done


I have Clue #3 of Orange Crush all done. It was an easy and quick one to do. Yesterday I was able to tear myself away from work long enough to take an all day quilting class that our guild was offering. Let me just say that it was so bad of a class that it was actually fun. We received almost zero instruction, no hand out and no actual project. I can only remember twice in this 6 hour class that the instructor actually got up from sitting and actually walked around or looked at what someone was trying to do. When asked about one of the quilt samples and measurements for it so we could start one like it we were told that it was made over 3 years ago and they couldn’t remember what the measurements were. We spent our time in the back of the room taking pictures of said instructor with the clock behind him and giggling. At 2:30 he actually closed his eyes for awhile and took a power nap. At this time one of my friends said “the Enthusiasm for this class is contagious”. All in all we actually had a fun day.
Tonight I am celebrating my May 5th birthday with my “quilt friends” and husbands. One of my dearest quilt friends and I share a birthday so we get to choose where dinner will be. We picked one of our local establishments called Bruno’s. I can’t wait as it is always so much fun to spend time with all of them.

12 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OMG! It sounds like you have fun in your class, but what a bummer that you didn't get to do much! The pictures sound like something that I would do!

antique quilter said...

Happy Birthday!
Sounds like a great way to spend a birthday! Enjoy your dinner and your friends
Kathie

Ruthie said...

I wondered how the class went. Love you Step 3

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, I was sad you were taking a class and I was missing out! maybe not! Part 3 looks wonderful!

Darcie said...

Happy happy birthday, Laura!!! Enjoy your evening!

Love the new look here on your blog! Looks much like your "Orange Crush!" ;-)

Cornfield Quilter said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Laura, Happy Birthday to you! And many more!!!

sossy said...

SURPRISE!!!!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you didn't have to pay too much for the class, that would have been a real pain. Glad you were able to turn it into fun though.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oooh, love your Orange Crush blocks - very fun. at least you had friends in the wretched class and ended up enjoying yourself.

Tonya Ricucci said...

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your orange crush blocks!
Very happy blocks!
And Happy Birthday!

kimberlym said...

i love the colors in your orange crush blocks! that's gonna look great!