Thursday, May 15, 2008

Orange Crush and movies


I haven’t been getting a lot done but I was able to accomplish a couple orange crush blocks. I like how they are turning out. I work in the Agricultural field and this is one of my two busiest times of the year. I have been putting in long hours on top of running to track meets and baseball games. It can all get a little overwhelming at times.
We have been getting a lot of rain lately. It has just been chilly and dreary out. I have yet to get my summer annuals planted and my husband purchased 7 nice sized trees the other day and we haven’t been able to get them in the ground yet. I am looking forward to some warmer weather that’s for sure.
I am still plugging along on watching all the seasons of Northern Exposure. It has been slow going as of late. Last night I had a few hours at home so I spent my evening with Frank Sinatra and Debbie Reynolds in the movie The Tender Trap. I love old movies and had not seen this one in awhile. I also was able to catch Doris Day and Rock Hudson in Love Come Back which seems to be on every other week. Doris Day has always been one of my favorites.

11 comments:

Cornfield Quilter said...

Love you blocks, so bright and cheery! It really makes me think of spring and flying kites for some reason.
I am not liking the cold damp weather this spring, but will try and remember how it feels when the temperature and humidity is high! LOL

Jan said...

Your OC block is great. Love your colors which are so different for you. We have had a lot of rain here this week but it is suppose to be back up in the high 80's this weekend. Don't worry it is headed your way.

McIrish Annie said...

your weather may be dreary but your block is very cheery and so is your blog!!! love the flowers. We too are waiting for some warm and sunny weather. We have been teased with a day here and there but right back to cold! I need a long spell of warm and sunny!

McIrish Annie said...

your weather may be dreary but your block is very cheery and so is your blog!!! love the flowers. We too are waiting for some warm and sunny weather. We have been teased with a day here and there but right back to cold! I need a long spell of warm and sunny!

Journeying said...

Ditto what everyone above has said - the block looks great and the colors are so very cheery and bright. When it's hot and dry we'll all be wishing for more of this rain - that's what I try to keep reminding myself!

Journeying said...

And I forgot to say I love those old movies, too...TCM is definitely one of my favorite channels, and playing the TCM Scene It? game is lots of fun. Bet you'd enjoy it, too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your OC blocks looks wonderful!

Donna said...

Your block looks great. Yours will look lovely with all the bright colors when the quilt comes together.

I love Doris and Rock also. My favorite is Pillow Talk.

ForestJane said...

I think your orange crush is going to be stunning... I like the fact that your stars stand out a bit more. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Your star block is very pretty!
I think your quilt will be the most colourful of them all!

Lynn Dykstra said...

These are turning out beautifully--a quilter's personality shows in the scraps. You must have a very happy stash!