Friday, November 14, 2008

On the 1st Day of Christmas


Since all my sewing stuff is packed up preparing for a move and I won’t have anything to show for quite some time I decided to have my own 25 days of Christmas. I looked at my calendar and came up with 25 days that I will have the opportunity to post to my blog the very first being today. Pulling from my extensive collection of antique quilt pictures I have came up with 25 fabulous quilts that would make excellent quilts to display throughout the holidays. So that is what I will do. On each of my 25 chosen posting dates I will display one of these wonderful quilts. Please leave your comments and your oohs and aahhhs.
Without further ado on the 1st day of Christmas I present to you a Princess Feather quilt.

10 comments:

Cornfield Quilter said...

OOOHH, I love this quilt! It is so good to see your posting again and I am looking forward to the next 24 quilt pix. :D

antique quilter said...

ooooohhhhh and aaaahhhhh
Laura good to hear from you, think of you often and wonder if your sewing at all...hopefully stitching at night..So looking forward to seeing your projects
and 25 antique quilts
this one is awesome!!!
thanks
Kathie

Diane said...

I can't think of a nicer way to count down to the holidays. Looking forward to seeing more.

CT said...

Lovely! looking forward to the rest of the photos!

Diana said...

What a beautiful quilt! Thank you so much! I look forward to the next 24.

Quilts And Pieces said...

ohhhhh, ahhhhhh

Unknown said...

Very pretty!

Journeying said...

You go, girl!
I admire your fortitude and attitude.
And I'm looking forward to seeing more beautiful quilts. You're always inspiring.

Lucy said...

This is so beautififul! Thanks Laura

Jan said...

This is a gorgeous quilt. I sure would hate to applique all those curves and dips. Glad you are back on line.