Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Officially Summer


It is summer, which means that I haven’t accomplished much at all. Having no air conditioning with 90+ degree weather does not put you in the mood to quilt. Add that to all this crazy bad weather we have been having. I have been getting out and having some fun. Over the weekend I went to our local big city’s Taste, which is comprised of good music and good food. I also went to the Water Park with some girlfriends this past Saturday and we just floated on the lazy river and soaked up some sun.
On the quilting front I have finished up the quilting on a couple of little doll quilts. I need to get my bindings ready to put on. I finished the bird on basket a couple of years ago but I had not quilted the border. I wasn’t happy with it so I pulled it back out over the winter and the border is now quilted. I am still appliquéing every day on my little ones in progress. They make a nice project for the summer.




“It is not the hours you put in your work that counts, it’s the work you put in the hours.” - Sam Ewing

5 comments:

Barb said...

Great quote and I adore your cherry quilt -
No air? oh my, you are my living green idol.

Gari in AL said...

At this point I don't think I could make it without AC: I do keep mine between 81 -82. I admire that you get anything done in this heat.

Tonya Ricucci said...

the basket quilt is wonderful - love the colors and your quilting is fabulous. eek. 90+ and no a/c???? gack.

Dixie Howard said...

Mmmmm, your little quilts are fabulous. Love to see them, and hope it cools down for you soon. Supposed to get 100 degrees here tomorrow, but they always tell us not to worry its dry heat???

Dixie (California)

Jan said...

How did I miss this post? Better late than never...love, love, love your red & white little quilt!!!!
I'm guessing it's cooled down by now. ;-)