Friday, October 19, 2012

Inspiration

If you haven’t went through your stash of books lately, I would highly recommend doing it. My quilting stuff has been packed up for the past 4 years and in re-visiting it I have been inspired in a whole different way. Let me explain. I have a love of words and things a little bit on the wacky side. I also love large shapes so my more recent quilts have included the wacky, the strange and a whole lot of me getting my 2 cents in. So you can only imagine my surprise while going through my things I kept getting pulled away by those bright amish quilts. The large geometric shapes, the color, and best of all the quilting I started scanning pictures like crazy. The sense of color just amazes me and the no math pattern is right up my alley. Then there is the quilting. I love hand quilting heavily on a quilt. Free form fans would be so much fun to do and so easy.
Well the first thing I had to find was my tub of solids so off to the garage I went, found said tub and pulled it in the house. Okay lets hope the choices in solids has gotten a little better since I last purchased some as mine are not inspiring in the least. I am sharing a few of my pictures I scanned. Let me know what you think.
Trying and Doing are two different things. When you try, you hope. When you do, you succeed.

5 comments:

Barb said...

great amish inspiration!

regan said...

These are so gorgeous.....I'm in love with that double 9 patch! And the small triangle border on the last pic! It adds so much to that quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Amish quilts are always wonderful. There are lots of newer solid colors out there, also some beautifully soft ones. And then there are the solids made by name designers that cost as much as the printed fabric - eeek.

Melanie said...

I've been hung up on nine patches... When I read your posts..when I look at the pictures--- One word comes to mine--- Authentic....Can't wait to see what you work on first....

Fabi :) said...

wow that looks amazing! Really creative.


serendipityeverywhere.blogspot.com