Tuesday, April 02, 2013


I was able to get the binding on another forgotten quilt that Valerie recently quilted for me.  I believe this was a Kaye England pattern. 



Valerie did such a great job on these quilts.  I am really happy with them.



I have been busy sewing the crib bedding for my new grandson that is due the first week of May.  His room is done in Marvel comic book heroes so it is a bit different. 



I have also been working on getting my older sister moved to my small town.  She got sick when she was 18 and she has never been the same since.  But we are so proud that she has been able to live on her own for the past 17+ years.  This move will make life a bit easier for my parents who are now in their 80’s and have health issues themselves.  I am so blessed to be able to now care for her.  I was so lucky in getting her an apartment a block away from me, as this will allow her to maintain her independence. 

4 comments:

traditional_quilter said...

Your quilt is very pretty! I love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Jan said...

Such a pretty quilt - love the colors. Good wishes for your sister, and all of your family

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love your forgotten quilt!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Hi Laura - I tried to reply to your comment but you are coming up no-reply. All these blogger settings can be such a headache can't they??

The quilt looks lovely I'm so happy you finished it! Now it's ready to be cuddled under. It makes my day that you are happy with your quilting and thank you for the mention!!

Congratulations on your baby grandson Ian!!! How exciting!!!! I hope you might share some pictures of the little cutie! ;)