Thursday, April 18, 2013



This has been a crazy week, so much to do and so little time seems to be the theme.  I was able to fit dinner in with my quilting gals and that was fun and last Saturday we all went to the big quilt show down in Cincinnati.  I haven't done that for awhile and it kind of surprised me that you still see a lot of the same names making quilts for shows and in the same styles as I saw 5 years ago.  These ladies are so talented and do such wonderful quilts for our viewing pleasure but I wonder why with all that talent they are not stretching it a bit?  Just my opinion. 


Wednesday has been proclaimed Kallie to grandma's house day. So every Wednesday evening she comes over to play.  This week she had a terrible cold and all she wanted to do was cuddle, so lets just say last night was pretty wonderful.  I love cuddling the baby girl.  Thursday night is baby Ian night so I can't wait as I know that is all he does at this age. 

I have been trying to get my new sewing room organized and a visually pleasant place for me to work in.  As I was putting finished quilts away in totes I came across a bunch of my minatures I have made.  I have a bunch of them so I thought I would take a cue from others and start a wall of them.  I have a dresser in the middle of one of my walls that is full of fabric and I already had my doggie quilt hanging on one side so I decided to start my minis up the other side and will go around to the left side of the connecting wall.  So above is my start, I have a ways to go and I also have to remove my smoke detector and place it somewhere else in the room.  So that is what I have been up to.  I am anxious to get sewing again!


3 comments:

Donna Keating said...

Glad you got a day out with your quilting pals. That will rejuvenate a person big time!

Quilts And Pieces said...

It it is soooo nice! Love the pink and purple mini!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

What a cutie you have there!!

I have never been to the show in Cincinnati, is it a good one? Big name quilters? I'm hoping to talk my Husband into taking me to the NQA show in Columbus this year. I've never been but I hear it's spectacular. :)