Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I was able to complete the Teton Summer Wedding quilt top.  It is now with my friend to quilt.  I am excited for her to make it come alive. 

I have had so much going on in my life since last summer.  I was adopted at birth.  I have never known anything about my birth family and really I have never had any inclination to find out.  Well, this all changed last summer.  My kids thought it would be interesting to find my ethnic background out.  So, I spit in the tube and sent my DNA off to ancestry to find out where my long lost family might have originated from.  I found out so much more.  I love my adopted family and really didn't need any of my biological family in my life but it has really been crazy all that I have found out.  It is so much I will tell it a bit at a time.  The first thing I found out is that I am not very interesting.  I am about 85% Western European.  The second thing I found out is that my story is nothing that I thought it was.  As a young teen I imagined that my parents were the homecoming queen and the football star, they had me, were forced to give me up and always regretted it and wondered where I was.  Yes, only in the movies.  This was not my case at all.  I have found my parents.  I was the product of a one night stand, from a truck driver and a married mother of two.  Nothing glamorous.  But, they did right by me and gave me a wonderful home.  It is all a bit overwhelming but I don't regret finding out.  I will post a bit each time about my journey as it has been oh so amazing.  You all have a good week! 

2 comments:

{Geo}Holly said...

This quilt is seriously amazing. A labor of love. It's good to see you blogging again. I used to be a fellow Maverick in the early days :-) Looking forward to hearing more of you DNA story.

Robin said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the fabrics you have collected and sewn together.