Saturday, April 06, 2019

The trees and fish of the Jackson Hole area are completed.  My son is an excellent fly fisherman so I had to include the fish that got away.   In the making of this quilt I challenged myself to use only fabric on hand.  Well, I found out I certainly have a bunch of fabric.  I love working in the primitive style so it is absolutely crazy that so far I have only had to purchase the blue for the water.   The remaining fabrics have all came from my stash.  How I ended up with so many bright, clear colored fabrics I will never know.  It truly is an addiction, beautiful fabric! 

Tonight we are entertaining for the Final Four games.  My Bobby loves what I like to call bad sports.  He will watch everything.  I love the Cubs and the Pacers but he is willing to watch two teams play and we don't even follow them.  My sister and her honey and my cousin and her husband wanted to go out tonight.  I knew Bobby wouldn't give up watching these games, so they are coming to us.  Us gals will open a few bottles of wine and sit in the kitchen/dining room and visit.  Isn't it strange that with friends and family you never run out of things to talk about.  When my parents passed a couple of years ago I brought home my mother's old record albums.  We found a really old one that was a family member that traveled as a singer with Big bands.  We are going to put that on the turntable tonight and enjoy. 

No comments: