Tuesday, October 15, 2019


Wow this Summer just flew by.  I think it was my busiest one yet.  We had four weddings this Summer. That means 4 weekends away to celebrate love.  They were all so much fun and how wonderful it is to spend time with friends and family. 



We spent some great days on the lake.  We are fortunate to have some lake property just 30 minutes away.  That makes it oh so easy to grab the grand kids and hit the water.  We are going to head that direction this weekend as we need to get things put away and boat cover on as we have already had a couple of nights with freezing temperatures here in the Midwest.



Baby Van arrived in July and he is now almost 3 months old and the sweetest baby!!  My heart melts when I am with him.



One of my BIG loves is music.  I have been a music junkie my whole life.  As this was the 50th anniversary of Woodstock, we declared this to be the summer of music.  We went to over 20 concerts and we also went to two music festivals.  I was able to cross a lot of peeps off my bucket list.  I think my favorite show this Summer was Judah and the Lion.  They put on such a high energy show and the crowd was a part of it from start to end.  I went to two concerts in Vegas one being Def Leppard and it was amazing!!  My biggest surprises for the summer were The Dead and Company and John Fogerty.  They were both great shows.  Number one off my bucket list was Guns N Roses, they were as awesome as I thought they would be.  My biggest disappointments were The Who and Hall and Oates.  Daltry and Hall’s voices were not what they used to be.  To top the Summer off our friend actually attended Woodstock in ’69 so we had a party to honor him. We all dressed in 60’s attire, played the Woodstock list from Spotify in the background and had cocktails made from the Peace Vodka we had purchased at Bethel Woods last year.  We served Guns N Rosa and Stone Temple Pinot wine.  All in all it was a great summer of music!!



I hope to get back to some sewing this fall. I have been working on hand applique projects during my lunch hours at work.  Hallmark Christmas movies start in 10 days so I will have a lot of recliner time in my future.  What better time to get back to all my unfinished projects. 

No comments: