Wednesday, March 13, 2013



I am so glad to see March is here. It has to mean that sunny weather will be happening soon! Winter used to be my favorite time of the year, but I find as I get older I like winter less and less each year. I have been spending the past few weeks doing a little bit of hand quilting in my spare time. I have been working on getting my older sister who is somewhat special needs moved to my small town. She has lived on her own for quite a few years a couple hours North of me but the time has come where she will need one of us family members on a more regular basis so I have taken on the responsibility. I look forward to having her closer to me. I have been working on two separate quilting projects. The first is a large quilt that I made a few years back for my daughter. It is based on stories in the bible and the border is reflective of things in her life. I have always wanted to hand quilt this but just couldn’t get motivated to do it. I have the first block quilted, yeah! This is the quilt top before I had the border appliquéd.


 The second project is a little quilt that I purchased at one of our quilt retreats rummage sales. It was already layered and basted.


As I have said many times in the past I like having a small project to work on also and since this was ready to go it was just what I needed. Here is the view from the back.



I went to see the movie Oz in 3D. What fun, I really enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

yah, not a fan of winter anymore myself. fun projects!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your bible quilt is looking great