Tuesday, March 26, 2013


When I moved last fall I came across two space bags full of finished quilt tops and blocks.   They had been forgotten about for over four years.  I don’t know how I forgot about these bags as they had over 25 finished quilt tops or completed block sets to make a quilt top.  I guess that old adage out of sight out of mind applies here.  I decided I needed to do something about them so when I saw that one of my fellow bloggers was offering a great price on her beautiful machine quilting skills I sent three tops her way. 



The three quilts I chose were based solely on the fact that I had enough yardages on hand to make backs for these tops that would coordinate with the quilt tops. 



This is the first completed quilt that I have gotten the binding on.  I love what Valerie did with each of the quilts. 


5 comments:

Robin said...

The quilts look great. I can't believe you forgot about them. I'm surprised that anything so cute could be forgotten but I guess sometimes I get excited about the current project I am on and every thing from the past fades away.

McIrish Annie said...

I love the first one! Really striking. It's true if it's out of sight you do forget about them and they lie quietly waiting for you to hopefully rediscover them.

Barb said...

yea for getting them quilted, they look great.
The swirly quilting is great.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Whoops - I thought I commented on this! I'm so happy you are pleased with the quilting, they were a joy to do...thank you for the nice shout too!

Jan said...

You have been busy. Great on the quilt find. Love all your projects. Wish I could see you in a few weeks before the Paducah trip. But really wish you were going with us.