Friday, February 03, 2006
My newest mystery quilt!
I just completed this mystery quilt this week. It is a Jewel box variation. My dear friend Carol A. did the longarm quilting on it. As always she has done a fantastic job! I have already done this mystery once and don’t have a picture of it. I gifted it as a graduation present to our good friend’s daughter. Our guild is thinking of doing a scrappy mystery quilt for retreat this fall. So, I pulled out the binders that have printed out mysteries in them and started pulling out the ones that could be done with scraps. I ended up choosing this one only because I had enough background fabric on hand to go ahead and start cutting. I was on clue 3 when I realized it was familiar. I am not big on batiks, but I had purchased a large amount for a Jan Krentz class I had taken. So this was a good project to use them up.
I am happy with the end result. I don’t think you can go wrong with a scrap quilt. I wasn’t able to get the okay from the designer to use it at our retreat. So I am back to square one again and possible mystery quilt #21.