Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mystery Quilts part 3


I love Cy’s street. It was a mystery that went good! Talk about a surprising conclusion. If ever there was one in my mystery quilting years this was it. I wish I had a better picture, but this is all I have. When our friends moved out of state I gifted it to their son Cy. I think if I was to ever purposely remake a mystery quilt this would be it. I would love to have this one for myself. Maybe with some saying around the outside in Tonya’s fabulous letters!

M’s age 7 quilt is a mystery I did online with a group of friends. We pulled the pattern weekly off the internet. My daughter and I picked the fabrics out for this at our local quilt store. It is very much my daughter’s colors. The whole group struggled through this quilt as the pattern was not written correctly. With each other’s help we eventually were able to muddle through it. It turned out as a great quilt for a little girl!
Of the 20 mystery quilts I have done, 11 have been based upon or included a star block. It seems to be a favored block among mystery designers.

4 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

You've done some really GREAT mysteries! I've done a couple good ones, and a couple bombs that made me think of never doing mysteries again unless I could cheat and see the finished product first to help with my fabric selection! *LOL*

Thanks for sharing these...fun to hear who they went to too!

Bonnie

Tonya Ricucci said...

Why remake Cy's quilt according to the pattern? Use it as an inspiration and improvisationally piece those houses and trees and stars... Ooh and throw in the words too. Most excellent.

Cher said...

I like your daughter's quilt..very cute

Quilts And Pieces said...

Man your mysteries have turned out great for the most part! I say go for Tonya's letters!