Thursday, June 21, 2007

And Even More Doll Quilts


Can you tell that I am a little over the moon for doll quilts at the moment? I am having a lot of fun with this swap. I had my little quilt all planned out and the fabrics pulled but I hesitated to start cutting until I received my partners information. I had put Quilters Choice on mine as I would love to receive just about anything. My partner has specific tastes in colors that she would love to have. That is going to make this all the more fun! My original plan is not going to work but I have drawn up a new one and can’t wait to get started. I spent a few minutes before work this morning pulling out fabrics.
So much is happening here on the home front. Our daughter has been gone most of this month to Grandma’s and her Aunt’s homes. She is definitely enjoying her summer vacation but I sure miss having her around. My middle son is working at my office this summer. He is our social one and is never home so this has been a nice change for us. I am actually getting to spend some quality time with him and at the same time he is earning dollars for gas, movies and Taco Bell that I will no longer have to give him.
Our oldest son called last night and is still very happy with his job and home in Wyoming. The word “happy” makes it so much easier on mom!
One more little Lori Smith quilt that I have done.

10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I love that stripe in the middle...

Kim West said...

what a cute little quilt!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I"m so glad he is happy. And isn't it strange now when the kids are all gone and busy!

sossy said...

you have inspired me to do some doll quilts this weekend. I pulled out some fabrics toda and m son is staing at his Grammies tonight and husband is out of town, so I will get an evening to sew. Thinking of using some 30s fabric for one and some cand fabric for another.

MARCIE said...

I LOVE your little doll quilts! I could really get into that little stuff too. In fact I have recently made a few that I designed and posted. They are so fun, and can be as simple or complicated as you wish.

sewprimitive karen said...

Laura, your little quilts are to die for. I like how you pieced the little striped fabric in the center portion.

Susan said...

That's an unusual one you pictured with the stripe pieces added into the plain blocks. Nice when all our children are happy at the same time, isn't it?

KC Quilter said...

Laura, we must be kindred spirits! I have a thing for doll quilts too and have made so many over the years. Kinda wish I had joined the doll quilt swap but have so many other things on the plate right now---maybe next time. Can't wait to see all the doll quilts!!!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

The use of the stripe in the middle is great. love the soft colors. Great job.

Sweet P said...

Your doll quilt is adorable. I'm curious - do you machine quilt your doll quilts? I just finished the top for my first doll quilt and can't decide to hand quilt or to machine quilt it.