Friday, June 08, 2007

Books and Gwen Marston


I haven’t been able to make guild all winter and spring due to my children’s conflicting sports schedule. So it was a really nice surprise to attend Tuesday evening and find that they were having a book sale from our guild library. We all were able to go to the table and choose one book then sit down. After everyone had a book we did this again 2 more times. After the third time you could get as many books as you liked. I was thrilled to be able to add the Florida Quilts and Wrapped in Glory to my own personal library, along with a couple others. It was a good night!
I am also excited to say that Gwen Marston is coming to the Quilters Hall of Fame celebration in Marion, IN this summer and teaching 2 classes. I was able to get into both, Little Flower Pot Appliqué Quilts and Liberated Stars. I have always wanted to attend her quilt retreat that used to be on Beaver Island, MI but is now on the mainland. This is the next best thing.
I am looking forward to the weekend! We have just a couple of graduation party’s and 2 baseball games to attend. I am working on a mystery quilt and a few friends are following along so I need to keep ahead to make sure all my clues are correct. I hope to get it all sewed together this weekend.

12 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Well what great books you got! That is fun! That appliqued border book looks interesting. I"m doing that medallion and I think I need to applique for round 4 and I"m having a hard time figureing out what to do!

Unknown said...

Oh, Wrapped in Glory is such a great book. The Gwen Marston workshops will be so exciting!

Libby said...

Such a great deal to pick up books from the guild library - you got some good ones.

Lily Mulholland said...

Hooray on the books and on booking in for the classes - sounds like a lot of fun coming up in your life!

Lucy said...

Arrrrhh you are going to meet Gwen Marston. I am so stinky jealous

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheee,wwwwoooohohoooo, hurrraaaah!!!! I am jealous too. Gwen Marston classes, I am soooo excited for you. Beg her to revise and rerelease Liberated Quiltmaking.

Carol E. said...

What a great idea for dispersing the books. We may have to do a similar thing at my guild... I absolutely LOVE the quilt you made for Coach, and also love that he was able to be such a good motivator for your son. And i LOVE the artsy one you made for your friend. What a wonderful and special gift for her! Oh.. and a class with Gwen Marston - wow! I ditto what Tonya said. Beg her to rerelease Liberated Quiltmaking! I ordered it from Amazon, they made me wait many months. Finally they said it would not be available. Boo hoo!!!

Kim said...

Great books you were able to pick up and how exciting to register for Gwen Marston classes! She came to my guild once and she's a hoot!

Susan said...

Gosh, what a great haul of books. Looks like you are planning a little applique. =) Congratulations on getting into both the Marston classes!

Kucki68 said...

I am jealous: Gwen Marston is my favorite quilter. I just got her Classic Four Block Applique Book and I do not even do applique...

Mary Johnson said...

Lucky you! Gwen Marston gave a lecture and taught classes at my guild in Marietta - AFTER I moved to Minneapolis. I hated missing her.

Patti said...

Oh, luck, lucky you! I see I'm just adding my comment along with the rest of us who are SO jealous!