Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ode To My Dog


Some of you may remember my “Ode To My Dog” quilt. My good friend Carol got it all quilted for me and I absolutely love it. She did such a fantastic job. If I want the perfect finish for my quilt I just have to give it to Carol as she always does perfection. On top of doing such beautiful quilting she also is a beautiful person. She leads a quilt ministry with her church. You should see the quilts she makes and then donates. I am not talking about sewing some quick quilts up with donated scraps. She is making one of a kind quilts using top of the line fabrics. She even hand appliqués some of them. They are just unbelievable and then she is willing to give them to someone that she has never met before. She is also very active in the Quilts of Valor project donating batting and her beautiful quilting to many quilts. I am in awe of all that she is able to accomplish, of her giving spirit and that she is also able to fit me in to her special place in this world and do beautiful quilting for me. Thank you Carol, I feel lucky to call you friend!
Now a little recap, the quilt is about my yellow lab Bullvye. We almost lost him late last summer to a freak accident. At that time I felt we needed to make record of him in our lives so I made this quilt. It includes 2 kitty’s on the front as he shares our home with Maggie and Zoe. The kitty I am showing is the one I placed on the back of the quilt as his best buddy is our outdoor cat Annabelle. She leads him on a merry chase most days and if he does catch up to her he will just roll her on her back and wait for her to get up and go again. The quilt is made using techniques that Tonya shares on Bonnie’s site.

12 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, what a great quilt! So personal and so beautiful!

Joyce said...

Love the quilt. I am a big fan of wonky houses and letters.

sossy said...

Cute Quilt! I think I remember you talking about it at camp last year.

Missed you at Guild last night. We had a "lively" discussion on the budget and raising dues. Went for ice cream afterwards though, so that was nice.

Wish I had done something like this for my dog Mister before we lost him. He was a gorgeous Siberian Husky and I haven't gotten as attached to any other dog since. He will always be my favorite. I do have a Christmas ornament that I still hang each year with his picture in it.

Libby said...

What a fantastic tribute to your pal*s* Now the question is - does he get to cuddle with it?

Unknown said...

Your quilt is wonderful! Carol sounds like a good friend with a giving heart. She did a great job quilting Bullvye's quilt.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh it's fantastic. I love the swirls in the borders. marvelous quilt. Your friend Carol is amazing.

Quilts And Pieces said...

It turned out wonderful! I have to come play with Bulveye someday!

KC Quilter said...

What a wonderful quilt, Laura! Your top and your friend's quilting are both amazing!!!

Lily Mulholland said...

It turned out beautifully Laura! Your friend sounds like a lovely person :)

Deb Geyer said...

It is wonderful! What a great way to record Bullvye's place in your lives.

Susan said...

It's a great quilt, thanks for a close-up shot of the house block. Your letters look wonderful!

Carol E. said...

Fantastic quilt!! Your letters are so great! I haven't mastered them yet.. I know that sounds silly for free style letters, but yours look so nice! Mine always seem to be frumpishious.