Thursday, August 16, 2007

C'mon Get Happy


Last night I was able to cross another thing off my list of have to do’s. I saw David Cassidy in concert! I absolutely loved him as a kid. I actually sported a pair of David Cassidy jeans and collected every Tiger Beat magazine with his picture on the front.
When I heard he was going to be at our State Fair I told my sister that we had to go. Of course we were about 35 years late but that didn’t matter. My daughter tagged along also as we promised her that we would take her to the Bucky Covington concert first. He is a country music singer that got his start on American Idol. He was really good. After his show finished we raced over to the Grandstand in anticipation of David. He was fantastic. He knew who was there to see him, Old Partridge Family fans and women of my age and he didn’t disappoint. He sang all of his old hits and all the songs that were hits for the Partridge Family. It sure was a goodtime!

11 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

oooh, that does sound like fun. I watched a lot of the Partridge Family in my younger years, but by the time I started buying Tiger Beat it was Shaun Cassidy on the cover instead of his brother. Have you seen the movie Music and Lyrics with Hugh Grant? You might just get a kick out of it.

McIrish Annie said...

I remember him well! My sis had a huge crush on him. Still looks pretty good

Melanie said...

OK David Cassidy was pretty hot stuff, but what about Bobby Sherman-- Remember Bobby Sherman--He sang "Cried like a Baby.." over and over again on my turntable..

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what fun!

Pam said...

I think that would be a great time.

I still know all the words to "I think I love you"!! I wonder if that's good or bad - LOL

His Office, My Studio said...

I too love David and the Partridge Family. Glad you and your family had fun.

Susan said...

What a fun time, but what a contrast! C & W to David Cassidy! Did your daughter go to that one, too? A great musical day!

Quilting Pirate said...

DUDETTE! It's David C!! OOOO WOW!! What a lucky gal you were to see and take awsome pictures!! I bet you were just soo tickled!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Ha! Tonya beat me to it - as soon as I saw that photo I thought of the film Music & Lyrics too! What a hoot - glad you had such a fun time!

Sweet P said...

Ooooh . . . I like David Cassidy. I had a big crush on him.

Hey . . . I think I love you . . . isn't that what life is made of . . .

Do you remember that song?

Val said...

What fun! I think he, like most men, I think, gets better-looking as he gets older. Those eyes! :)