Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Peppermint Swirl


Tomorrow is the big day. My son is flying in from Wyoming. I can’t wait! It will be so good to give him a hug. They are supposed to get dumped on with snow tonight so I hope he is able to get his flight out. Snow seems to be a normal thing there so they probably deal better with it then we do here in Indiana.
I am going to ask you all something, this is something I wouldn’t normally do but it is for someone very special. I have a cousin Rose who is not even 50 yet. She is losing her battle with cancer. Please keep her in your thoughts. She is a very special person who has committed her life to helping others. She is also a fellow quilter who has tremendous artistic abilities. She has remained upbeat and happy with life. Thank you!
Here is another quilt I made many, many, many years ago. I believe it was a Thimbleberries pattern called Peppermint Swirl or at least that is what I have the picture named and I can’t believe that I would have been that creative to come up with a cute name like that. I hung this outside at Christmas for many years so it is now showing extreme signs of wear.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Sending up prayers for your son's flight to get out and that he makes it home safely for his Momma to hug. :D That is just too sad about your cousin!! Sending prayers and healing thoughts for her! And quilted hugs to wrap you in. Your Peppermint Swirl is wonderful!

Susan said...

I've said a prayer for Rose and her whole family, including you. I'm glad your son will be home for the holidays. Love the Peppermint Swirl quilt. Very holiday looking - could even use it at Valentine's.

Angela said...

Will be praying for Rose. Have added her to my list. Please keep us updated.

sossy said...

I will be praying for Rose. Watching people you love suffer with cancer is a difficult thing, but an upbeat attitude ca make a difference. I will also pray for you as her cousing and friend. Enjoy your Christmas and having your family all together!

Much Love! Sossy

McIrish Annie said...

Your cousin rose will be in my prayers tonight! I hope you have a wonderful visit with your son. My son won't arrive from vermont til Christmas eve. Have a wonderful holiday.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Sorry to hear about Rose, but I"m SO HAPPY that Jess is home! I hope he made it home ok! Jenna came home late last night and hasn't stopped talking yet!

Lindah said...

I especially like your Peppermint Swirl. It's fun to pull out the "old friends", battle scarred, or imperfect as they may be (speaking here of mine!).
Rose is in my prayers. Thank you for letting us share in this concern.

Blessed Christmas to you and yours,
Linda H

Patti said...

Keeping your friend Rose in my thoughts and prayers.