Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A special quilt from a special friend!


Yesterday I received a most special gift. A few months ago 5 of us quilting friends got together for a weekend of sewing. We decided since we were all into the doll quilt rage that we would exchange doll quilts for Christmas. You would only need to make one. We put our names in a hat and drew to see whom we would be making one for. My very good friend Dawn picked my name out of the hat and the quilt she made me is just so very beautiful not only in how it looks but in thought. I love folk art quilts in browns and blacks and this one fits the bill. Dawn also handquilted it which I just love. Around the borders it is embroidered with - A friend is a present you give to yourself - LLH Friends DLD . Thank you so so much Dawn. This is just the most perfect little quilt!
Tonight my quilt girlfriends are all getting together for a little Christmas gathering. We have a nice sit down dinner and then we exchange ornaments. Everyone always brings extra little goodies to swap. It is a really good time and I can’t wait to see everyone. As I have said before, I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life.

13 comments:

Bea said...

Quilters are the best friends - forever!!! A beautiful quilt and a very beautiful idea this swap.
Happy quilting
Bea, Germany

antique quilter said...

Oh Laura you are so lucky to have gotten this quilt from Dawn. Its a beautiful quilt and love the words/stitching she did. Isn't it wonderful to get a quilt from a friend?
I love this quilt
Kathie

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love this quilt too! I almost didn't want to part with it! :) Now I"ll have to show you how sad mine looks!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh and I love just the touch of red and purple! I thought of Riah's Got Religion quilt!

MARCIE said...

You are sooo lucky! I LOVE this! Dawn is so talented! I think she likes it also!

dot said...

I love this little quilt and I remember when Dawn posted it on her blog. You are a very lucky lady.

Sweet P said...

What an adorable small quilt. I love it.

Elaine Adair said...

Such a delightful and lovely surprise!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Dawn's a sweetie and I LOVE that quilt!!!!

Libby said...

Dawn did a wonderful job - you are so lucky to count her as a friend *s*

Judy said...

I was lucky enough to gets peeks while it was made! Lucky you and Lucky Dawn too!

Perry said...

This is a really cute quilt. I can see why you like it so much. I read several of your posts you wrote prior to this one and enjoyed them all. I like the minimalist idea for decorating, it is so much simpler, lol.

Patti said...

What a marvelous little quilt! Dawn is so creative. How lucky you all are to live within driving distance of each other.