Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Holidays


My son arrived home safely. I am so happy to have this time with him. The first thing he wanted to do was go out for wings as they don’t have anyplace to get them in the mountain area he lives in. We had not been home 20 minutes when his college roommate called to ask if he was home yet. Aaron was traveling home to Illinois from northern Indiana and was within 15 minutes of our house so he came over and spent the evening with us. It was just like old times.
Today the boys and I are headed out to finish my shopping up. On Sunday my husband and I will celebrate our 24th anniversary. I cannot believe it has been 24 years since we eloped. We plan on going to the movies with the kids and dinner afterwards as a family.
I am taking the next week and a half off from blogging. I plan on spending this time enjoying my family and friends. Maybe doing a little quilting, spending time with my cousin and throwing a whole lot of relaxation in that mix also.
Please have a wonderful holiday spending time with your family and friends and being thankful for all the blessings we enjoy!

10 comments:

Darcie said...

No wings in Wyoming?! Perhaps he needs to educate them mountaineers! ;-)

So glad that your son is home safe and you're all enjoying each other. That's what Christmas is all about!

Merry Christmas to you, Laura!

(Love your little angel, by the way!)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Merry Christmas Laura!

Libby said...

Happy Anniversary, Merry Christmas . . . see you next year *s*

Quiltgranny said...

What a darling little quilt to visualize your joy in having your son home! Enjoy the holidays, and your anniversary-ing. It was our 27th this past Sunday. Where have the years gone?

Tonya Ricucci said...

happy anniversary! enjoy your holidays with family and friends. merry christmas, happy new year!!!!

Nines said...

Merry Christmas!! And you eloped? I do LOVE a good romantic story! Enjoy your son being home- I know you will!

julieQ said...

Merry christmas!! Hope yours was wonderful. And isn't it so wonderful when the sons come home!! I loved mine being here...

JulieQ

Kyra said...

What a DELIGHTFUL holiday quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com

Texan said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! and a wonderful Happy Healthy New Year!

Patti said...

What a marvelous angel quilt Laura! I hope your holidays with your family were everything you hoped they would be.