Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Graduation quilt

Thanks for all the kind thoughts concerning our sweet Annabelle. She really was a sweetheart. It is finally getting warm, no I mean hot here. The month of May was really chilly for us. I didn’t even put on a pair of Capri pants until last week. With ballgames putting us outdoors in the evening all month I had to keep my warm clothes available. I finally made the closet switch this weekend from winter to summer. Glad to get that done.
On the never ending organizing front I was able to get all my gift wrap contained. It looks so much better. That corner is no longer a blob of stuff. I also got all my flowers planted. I can’t believe we are in the second week of June already. I usually have all my flowers in by late May.
This weekend was busy with graduation parties. We went to many and had a good time seeing a lot of old friends. The quilt I am showing is a mystery quilt I did last summer. I really liked the result and decided it would be perfect for my son’s girlfriend who graduated from high school this year. She is a really personable young lady whom we really like. I really didn’t get a good picture because I was home by myself when I took it and I needed to get it wrapped. I forgot to take a picture of the back which was really awesome. I pieced the back with leftovers from the front. There were a couple large pieces of hand dyes and the quilting really showed up. I think I liked the back almost more then the front. I must give credit to Viki K. whom is a member of my quilt guild. She did the quilting for me. Our cat Maggie decided to come out of hiding and plopped herself right down on the quilt. She is not the friendly sort and seldom will let any of us near her except my daughter so this was a pleasant surprise.

9 comments:

Ruthie said...

Very pretty quilt....that's one lucky girlfriend that your son has.

Fabricmom said...

What a beautiful quilt. You are very generous to give it away. Thanks for sharing.

Libby said...

A very lovely gift - she will enjoy it for a long, long time *s*

antique quilter said...

Laura, this was so nice of you to make her a quilt
It is beautiful I hope she treasures it.
Kathie

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, a quilt - what a great graduatin present. nice to get a pic of shy Maggie. Looks like she could be my Habibi's sister, except so much thinner.

Jan said...

Definitely my colors. Just beautiful. Maggie also.

Cathi said...

Lovely colours and fabulous pattern!! Maggie looks like she was giving it the kitty two paws up seal of approval. :-)

Diane said...

What a lovely quilt. The colors are so pretty.

Julia said...

Love the colours of this quilt!
Your son's girlfriend is very lucky to have it given to her, she'll love it I'm sure..
Julia