Friday, April 09, 2010

Rosie's giraffe done


This weekend is our Guilds bi-annual quilt show. I am looking forward to spending some time with my friends. Tonight is set up and then we will do dinner afterwards. Our guild really puts on a high quality quilt show.
I finally got my silky binding on the giraffe quilt that I am going to donate to our local NICU in memory of my friend Roseanna. I did it all by hand as I felt her memory deserved that. I will take it tonight and get it turned over to the correct person.
My 17 year old daughter has decided she wants to get her drivers license. It has been strange that she wasn’t interested in it before. My boys were at the BMV they day they were able to get there’s. So tomorrow morning we are going to head to the County Seat and apply for her permit. She has never taken drivers ed but I do let her drive around town with me a lot so hopefully the teaching will be easy.
The weather has turned chilly here. I was really enjoying those nice temperatures now we have the heat on again. I hope it warms up again soon!

“Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said.” - Anonymous

5 comments:

Sharon said...

What a fabulous donation. I love the whole look of it, and yes, the hand stitching really does sew in some love!

Karen said...

A cute polka dot giraffe.

Jan said...

All I can think about is how proud Roseanna would be. Giraffe is fantastic.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

it's so darn cute! have fun with the guild friends! daughter driving! good luck! ;-)

Barb said...

I just love this giraffe! How nice!
good luck to your daughter, mine is 16 and we're practicing too.