Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Taking a Moment


What a wonderful weekend I shared with my family. I just love it when all is right with my own little world. Now to get busy with that giraffe quilt as I didn’t get the binding on and I need to do that before Friday. I hate when I put things off until the last minute. But first I think I will sit down for a few minutes and have a glass of ice tea and enjoy these last few hours of beautiful weather before a cold front comes in. Sometimes we just need to set all the busyness of our life aside and enjoy the moment as those small quiet moments are what count the most in life.

“You are not in charge of the universe, you are in charge of yourself.” - Arnold Bennett

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have 82 degrees and wind is blowing like crazy. Weatherman says storms tomorrow. Like you, I'm taking some time off and enjoying this afternoon.

Barb said...

Glad you had a wonderful time

Quilts And Pieces said...

Thats ok, I never even got the quilt made for this weekend!

Gari in AL said...

I, too, have been enjoyine the beautiful weather. Every time I start a project, in the house or the studio, I find myself sitting outside, reading. But it will be colder and raining tomorrow so I should get some work done. (Except when I go to the LQS for a sale)