Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Heading Out



Two little finishes. I have had the quilting done on these two little quilts for quite awhile but as I tend to do I never got the bindings put on. Binding is definitely my least favorite part of quilting. I don’t know why I just tend to put it off forever. Maybe it is a psychological thing; I don’t want the process of that particular creation to end. Possibly, possibly not. Anyway, I got my act together and was able to spend the whole 2 hours that it took me to make and sew these bindings on.



I like having little quilts to quilt on. They are so easy to pick up and work on, easy to maneuver around and easy to travel with. I have two more I am working on then I will have to get busy and put some of those ideas in my head down on paper and create a few new ones.



Remember the Would Your Rather quilt with friends or go on a cruise question? Well I would definitely choose quilting with friends as I have the bestest quilting friends ever!!! I am packed and ready to head out for a weekend of quilting, eating, talking and even movie watching with these friends. We all started reading the Janet Evanovich books together back in the 90’s. Lucky for us that the movie based on book one is premiering this weekend so while we are all together we are going to take a trip to the theater and have a few laughs. I have been busy preparing a “Special” project to work on. Hopefully I can get some pictures snapped over the weekend and share it with all of you.

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” - E.E. Cummings

5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

cute! love that top one in particular. I'm terrible about binding too - i have a couple of quilts that have been waiting years... enjoy the time with your friends!

Jan said...

I very nearly hate binding, too. There are three quilts waiting to be bound in my sewing room. It's just so much more fun to piece! But, I so love your little quilts!!

antique quilter said...

hope you have a lot of fun this weekend , will you be seeing Dawn?
Love these little quilts, a true breath of spring!
just happy!
Kathie

Angie said...

These are absolutely delightful!! What size are they? They are just too cute. Geez, I'm so jealous of your fun weekend... :/ Hope you guys have a blast. :D

Barb said...

Cute quilts!!! Love those happy flowers.
Have a great time with your friends!