Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A New Day



I’m walking on Sunshine, oh yeah, I am walking on Sunshine is the title for my quilt. I definitely love getting up each day and experiencing this wonderful life that has been gifted to me. So with happiness in heart I created this quilt top. The sun is shining and my new life is growing (yep that’s for me!!). A few years ago my life took a drastic change and I found myself starting over again. But I can say it has been a happy change for me and I see life in a whole new light. It is to be enjoyed, the good, the bad the happy and the unhappy. I read a quote from Leonard Cohen a while back that has really stuck with me, “Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.” Give it a try, it works! It won’t be long and I should be done with this quilt. I have the background quilting done, now I just need to finish up the quilting in the wool areas.

Everything can be taken from us but one thing - the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance. – Victor Frankl

5 comments:

antique quilter said...

Beautiful. I am so happy for you that things are looking up.

Kucki68 said...

I love the way this is so joyful!

You just encouraged me, this sort of applique I might actually be able to do, the intricate ones intimidate me.

Jan said...

Thumbs up to you Miss Laura. The quilts are so you

Tonya Ricucci said...

gorgeous and fun and lively. so happy you're walking on sunshine!!!!!! woohoo!

Annie said...

I love your quilt and your attitude. One of my most favorite quotes is "Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be" ME (something close to that) I haven't actually thought of it for quite a while...with no good reason why not. Your quilt is beautiful!