Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time Off Well Spent



I was lucky enough to have a couple of weeks off over Christmas. Laura + Time off = Couch potato. I can honestly say that I barely left my house. I didn’t even go gather my mail, just sat around hand quilting and watching Westerns. Those who know me know that I am a big Western junkie. So I DVR as many as I can and I pay extra for the Western channel each month so that I will have an endless supply of entertainment. My favorites are the black and white ones from the 40’s and 50’s. Plus I can never get enough of Randolph Scott, George Montgomery or James Drury as The Virginian. My love affair with Westerns goes back a long time. My oldest son was named for the character Jess Harper in the tv series Laramie played by Robert Fuller who also portrayed one of my favorite characters “Cooper Smith” on the Wagon Train. So I enjoyed my few weeks off with my favorite guys and about four different hand quilting projects. I didn’t want to get too bored with any single one so each day I worked on each one a little bit. I have two small ones in the works, a crib size that is done in both cottons and wools, and a large bed size that I made for my daughter back when she was 11. She is now 19 so it is definitely time to get it quilted. I am happy with what I have accomplished so far and will be sharing my progress along the way. Now off to do a little more quilting and watch Eddie Dean sing a little and then ride off to catch the bad guys.

You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. - John Mason

1 comment:

Linda in NC said...

Thank you for posting such wonderful antique quilts during December. I loved every one of them. But thanks to you, my list of to-be-reproduced/interpreted has grown longer! haha